Department of Public Administration faculty and students participate in research and outreach activities within the WVU community and beyond.
Creating an impact in public administration scholarship.
Research conducted by Department of Public Administration faculty directly informs several salient areas of public administration scholarship, including public leadership, gender and public administration, energy and environmental policy, federalism, community development, fiscal policy, and healthcare implementation. Faculty research is supported by external resources including federal grants (USDA/DoD, Dirksen Congressional Center), state agencies (WV Health and Human Resources), and foundations (Kettering Foundation, Benedum Foundation). Faculty research has been published in the top journals of field, including:
- Public Administration Review
- Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory
- Administration and Society
- Public Personnel Management
- Municipal Finance Journal
- Energy Policy
Supporting the aspirations of communities, governments, and non-profits.
Department of Public Administration faculty and students actively contribute to and have been recognized for their contributions to public policy, community development initiatives, and university strategic activities. Faculty members serve as board members, advisors, or have contributed to the following initiatives:
- American Association of Budget and Policy Analysis
- Global Law Initiatives for Sustainable Development
- WVU Extension Community Leadership Academy
- West Virginia Community Development Hub
- WVU Mountaineer Leadership Academy
- West Virginia Northern Brownfields Assistance Center
- Testimony before West Virginia Legislative Committees
- West Virginia Center for Budget and Policy
- Comprehensive planning Moundsville and Ravenswood, WV