The Master of Public Administration degree leads to careers in public service. As the only internationally accredited MPA program in West Virginia, this degree prepares graduates to develop and implement public policies and programs for government and nonprofit agencies.
WVU MPA Mission: We prepare recent college graduates and new professionals to make a difference through careers in public service in a wide array of settings.
The MPA program offers:
- Flexible course schedules
- Full and part-time enrollment
- Small seminar-style class settings
- Opportunities to work directly with community
and government organizations
- Team-based projects
- Internship, professional development and community service experiences
The MPA can be tailored to meet students’ professional interests through areas of emphasis, dual degree options and elective courses.